Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Rates
From: Al Rosetti
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:56:12 GMT

Dave,

Disney might be spending 100 million dollars on the web, but how many other
companies are?
Once you Journey outside companies on the S&P 500 how much cash is really
being spent? More importantly how much is being spent WELL? For every
dollar well invested there are probably 100 being wasted by some retarded
middle manager who has no idea what he's really spending his cash on. This
guy is more interested in NOT looking foolish than building something that
might be called genius.... but has an outside chance of flopping. I think
that will change in a hurry when people view the web like they view the TV
today.

As for cable modems I can tell you right now I'm getting mine the day they
are released in North Phoenix where I live. That shouldn't be more than a
couple more months for me. Unfortunately most people aren't quite as
willing to double or triple their monthly online charges. I think it was
Jupiter Communications who stated that only 20% of households who use the
Internet will upgrade to some sort of high speed connection by the end of
2002. Personally, I think that's freaking retarded, but.... crap...... most
people aren't as Internet motivated as we are. It's going to be many years
before high speed becomes the dominant standard. I suppose when prices drop
down to $15 to $20 a month for high speed the good Ol X2/56K will die of
natural causes..... and I can't wait!

Sincerely,

Al Rosetti
http://www.websitepartners.com