Subject: AW: FLASH: OT: Rates
From: Malte
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:10:40 GMT

> Price-fixing is no joke. Individuals and companies can (and
> have) been sued and/or jailed by the US government for
> discussing pricing with competitors. While you may think
> that prices should be discussed on this forum, a legal-eye
> from the US Department of Justice may see it as intent to fix
> the price of Flash services.

I wonder how they react on german aliens like me (: For I don't really care
about the DOJ just like a lot of foreigners will do. But then, maybe we're
part of an international conspiracy which is really evil. And for
pricefixing... somewhere between $15 and several hundert dollars shouldn't
be too fixed for any government.

It's funny. Are we really talking about the same people that spent the last
years watching microsoft and intel who dictated prices for several years,
doing nothing?

A lot of professional
> organizations have policies to ban discussion of price fixing
> for this very reason (for one example, check out
> http://www.hwg.org/lists/rules.html#5) Just be careful, and
> always consult a qualified lawyer when in doubt! You can
> also get more info on price-fixing, and other Antitrust
> issues from the DOJ web site (http://www.usdoj.gov/atr).

As this is an open list it's even going further. As clients can join the
list too they can get informed what the prices are and how they get
calculated. It's obvious that that kind of information literates and creates
the base for a knowing consumers. Very dangerous to a capitalistic system
which seem to base on customers that don't have an idea...(:

I am really thinking of putting up a messageboard on my local provider. It's
a german provider. And it's legal in germany to talk about how much money
you take/earn. Anyone interessted?

I always thought germans are crazy for useless regulation. But we found our
masters (: Sorry if I am not taking things so serious. If you do mail me. I
am serious about the message board if it's needed.

Malte