Subject: Re: FLASH: OT/courtesy
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:10:45 GMT

Bob Schwartz wrote:

> I received a message from a list member telling me that my expressions of
> thanks to members who answer my questions have no place on the list and
> that I ought to be sending them via private email so that they don't
> clutter the list.
>
> i view such email as unnecessary intrusions on private space. further,
> while thanks are never out of place in my book and I mean them when I say
> them, if, in fact, they are considered either unnecessary or worse (I *am*
> asking a lot of questions, I know), i would like to hear that and I will stop.

> what's the protocol?

Hiya Bob, personally I cant help but to thank anyone that helps me. Its something
in the goodness
of human nature. However It might not be a great idea to personally thank everone
who replies, Maybe
a "Thanks to all" in the subject header would be enough.

Also if someone personally told me that "thank you were inappropriate", I would
personally tell them to "F_K off".
Of course I would then follow that with a "Thank you".

-DG-