Subject: Re: FLASH: OT/courtesy
From: Bob Schwartz
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:23:27 GMT

>>personally I cant help but to thank anyone that helps me. Its
>something
>in the goodness
>of human nature.<<

ditto.

>> However It might not be a great idea to personally thank
>everone
>who replies, Maybe
>a "Thanks to all" in the subject header would be enough..<<

how about to someone who simply responds to a message in a thread that "you"
might respond to but not even have initiated? "you" ask about "blue", someone
else responds, i ask a question based on that and get a good answer. i have no
reason to thank "all" and so I should do what? nothing ? I'm willing if
that's what's best for the list, but it seems so inappropriate.

>>>Also if someone personally told me that "thank you were inappropriate", I
>would
>personally tell them to "F_K off".
>Of course I would then follow that with a "Thank you".<<

LOL...

he didn't way it was wrong.....................just wrong to use list bandwidth
for it.

bob