Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: Your Professional opinion...
From: Al Rosetti
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:53:21 GMT

Raymond,
I gotta disagree with your assessment of the situation on this one...

You get calls from recruiters at least once a week? That's because ASU sold
your name to a mailing list company who in turn sold it to various
employment agencies. My companies name and address was somehow sold to a
zillion different agencies and these "recruiters" call me all the time
offering me "qualified" employees, hehehe. That's how these salesweasels
make a living. It's just a racket like anything else.

Now... as to large companies not looking at you if you don't have a degree.
I hate to sound so certain but.... that just isn't true. All of my friends
and relatives that are my age work in the computer field, and none of them
have degrees. I actually included the list in this message but it was so
freaking long I figured you wouldn't read it. If ya really want some hard
data on the hiring practices of companies like Allied Signal, Texas
Instruments, etc I can give you numerous examples of people without any
degree making BANK working in the field of computers. My best friend
actually makes the least coming in at $35,000 (he just started 6 months ago)
but my cousin who is only like 25 rakes in almost $100,000 managing some
hospital's network.

My friend's wife makes only $8 an hour working at the Fox Studio in Phoenix
because she's new, not because she's a loser. Art people never get paid
much until they're experienced... not DEGREED! In a couple of years she
will probably be making $40,000 to $50,000.

Sincerely,

Al Rosetti
http://www.websitepartners.com