Subject: Re: AW: FLASH: OT: Rates
From: David Gary
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 03:03:45 GMT

Matt Powell wrote:

> >Your first mistake was in not doing your homework (who's who) and calling
> >the switchboard for direction.

> Wayne,
> Do you have any tricks on how to get the names/numbers of the "big
> wigs?" I agree it is best to speak to those who have influence, but,
> unless I know someone, I find it hard to get the people in charge on the
> phone.

Hiya Matt,

Aaaaah, "Public Speech", something that going to college woulda helped. =8>)

No really, I actually make it a habit to make anyone on the phone feel a little
inferior to me in a conversation.
Well except maybe John C.(you cant out talk that guy! <bg>)
Anyway if your polite, direct and ask to whom your speaking before your
questions, chances are you can get
connected to who you need(usually marketing) within seconds. Dont waste time
with some smuck that cant make the decisions
anyway and will blow you off. Go directly to the head honcho and dont take no
for an answer(politely). When you get the main marketing director on the phone
be prepared and direct. Tell him exaclty who you are, what you do and why your
calling.
Dont repeat yourself. I cant stand people that babble on. I also cant stand
people who think were brothers when Ive never talked to them before in my life.
Before you get off the phone, get a mailing address and send out a samples on
disk of your work that day with a note per directly to the director. If you have
web link of your work, tell them.

Public speech was one of the benefits I found from going to colledge. Spelling
wsnt. =8>)-

-DG-