Subject: Re: AW: FLASH: OT/courtesy
From: DragonFly
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 15:34:03 GMT

Malte wrote:

> > I received a message from a list member telling me that my
> > expressions of
> > thanks to members who answer my questions have no place on
> > the list and
> > that I ought to be sending them via private email so that they don't
> > clutter the list.
>
> There's a lot of clutter. It's that much that it really takes a lot of time.
> So it's not too wrong to ask people to avoid unneccessary postings. I had to
> abandon several mailing lists yet just because the traffic went out of
> control. But saying "Thank you. I found what I was looking for." is a
> stoppoint for the topic. Usually this helps avoiding traffic. Besides being
> polite.

Well bob did it three times that I saw last night, and that seemed a bit too
much, but that's just me, no offense to or judgement about bob. It only takes
10 seconds to open a post and decide whether it's something I wanna read in
depth. So even at 100 posts per day that's only about 17 minutes per day, a
small price I think to pay for all the great info available here.

Ken Sherwood