Subject: Re: FLASH: A rephrasing of the Tools question...
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:43:33 GMT

At 4:16 PM 2/10/99, schaik wrote:
> Yes Bob, i got to know illustrator first and I tried freehand
> too a couple of year ago but i choose to stuck to illustrator.

Me, I started drawing with pen'n'ink, and never got the hang of those
computer thingys.... ;-)

>I hope the integration with Flash/illustrator will get better.

Talk to Adobe. The SWF format is open, and they're welcome to export it
directly too.

(We'll always work to accommodate changes in their files, but that means
there will always be a version lag if it's only one-way like that.)

> Is converting from illustrator to fireworks an option
> to avoid these problems?

I'm not sure what you're seeking, but have you *tried* opening an ILL file
in Fireworks? It's quite wonderful... vectors and text remain editable, and
you have many options in how to regard these curves.

Offlist email risks capture by the spam filters! I may not see your