Subject: AW: FLASH: Sound streaming
From: Malte
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:21:50 GMT

> > I want to know how long it takes to hear the sound, a
> thirty second sample.
>
> Actually I would not put musical examples into Flash. For such a thing
> I'd rather go with QuickTime 3 Pro (do I need a flame suit now?). IMHO
> streaming is good, and the sound quality can range from decent to very
> good.

Nice for those who have a mac (okay, i do). A pain for the rest of us. QT3
is *not* preinstalled on Windows (okay I do have it too). QT3 is large (I
think it were 8MB???) for a fast download. QT3 is begging to get registered
everytime a movie or whatever get's shown. How does that compare to a 173K
Flash Plug available on all system, even Unix and BeOS?