Subject: Re: FLASH: 3d vector art
From: Erik [gearik] Mattheis
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:42:44 GMT

>One question on Dimensions...
>When it exports gradients does it
>A) barf out one shape with a gradient fill
>B) export a whole load of shapes with slightly different fills to give a
>gradient appearance

Answer is "B," at least when importing an exported AI 6.0 file into Flash.
It can also export as dxf, something I don't know about, other than it's a
vector thing (yes?).

I vote that Macromedia make a 3d app that's simpler (and more affordable?)
than the ones intended to make animations as an end in themselves. I might
even be enticed to switch to Freehand if that happens! Maybe a resolution
to demand from MACR a 3d app with Flash in mind could be the second thing
on the docket of the Flash Author's Union right after we fix our rates. A
joke, it's a joke.
Erik [gearik] Mattheis
head honcho
gourmandizer