Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 3 corupt FLA 2!
From: Brad Bechtel
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 20:49:37 GMT

David,

You definitely should not be experiencing this type of problem, especially with a crash in OLE32.DLL. I don't believe we normally use this DLL (it's part of the Object Linking and Embedding protocol built into Windows), but I could be wrong here. What are you doing when you crash? If you're editing an object, what kind of object?

Two things to check:

1) Virus problems? Do you use an antivirus software? Do you have the latest virus definitions for your software? I personally use McAfee's VirusScan 4.01 by Network Associates, but there are many good anti-virus programs out there.

2) Check the version of the OLE32.DLL that's crashing on you. Sometimes programs will install a different version of a key DLL without telling you. Reverting to a different version of OLE32.DLL may make a difference. For what it's worth, my OLE32.DLL is version 2.1 under Windows 95 (dated 7/11/97) and version 4.71.1719 under Windows 98 (dated 5/11/98).

Good luck,

Brad Bechtel
Flash QA