Subject: Re: FLASH: displaying movie problems-HELP!!!
From: Kristin K. Rule
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 00:37:41 GMT

Matt,

> Kristen,
>
> >David, thanks! But, I do not have the .swf file embedded in HTML. I have
> >a login page
> >that links right to the .swf file. And the dreaded blue strip is there!
> >I am assuming it
> >is part of the movie, but why I don't see it in my .fla file is a mystery
> >to me.
> > It is a 640 X 480 movie. When I test the movie, there is a blue strip
> >(the background color)
> >>larger as I resize
>
> Is your browser window at the same aspect ratio as your movie? If the
> horizontal and vertical dimensions of your movie are different than those
> of your browser window, you will get bars in the color of the background.

Matt, my movie is 640 X 480. But, when I do "test movie" and view it in the
player, it still shows the blue strips on the side too. It also does this in
the browser, and it is not embedded in an html file. So, is there no way to
avoid that? shouldn't the movie take up the whole player window when I do
"test movie"?