Subject: Re: FLASH: Importing Problems.
From: David Gary
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 06:26:13 GMT

Matt Powell wrote:

> I know this is stupid question and I am kicking myself as I type. I cannot
> get a file from photoshop, to flash with a transparent background. I tried
> to put the file, with a clipping path, into illustrator and then save it as
> and illustrator eps. no dice. if you wanna cut something out of a photo
> and use it in Flash, what do you guys do?
>
> Sorry for the first day question.....

hiya Matt,

Flash supports png
Export image with alpha channel as png

Personally, depending on the image and situation, usually I would import as
8bit
indexed BMP, break apart and outline with smooth line tool and delete
edges.

Alpha channel tends to increase file size.

The best technique is keeping the file size small(web)

-DG-