Subject: Re: FLASH: displaying movie problems-HELP!!!
From: Kristin K. Rule
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 14:42:09 GMT

Ok....thank you Matt and David who responded to my email about my displaying movie
properties.

I want to tell you what the problem is now. When I double click my .fla file, it
opens up the player and it is full screen and looks GREAT! When I do "test movie"
in Flash, a blue 1 inch strip appears on the left and it doesn't fill the whole
screen.

My movie is set at 640 X 480 and when I view it in the workarea, my images cover
the designated area of 640 X 480. My .swf will be viewable in the browser, but it
is NOT in an HTML document. I have a login page that goes directly to the .swf.
The dreaded blue (my background color) 1 inch strip appears on the left in the
browser.. Why is it appearing in the browser, but not when I dbl click my movie
and view it in the player??? I tried embedding it in an HTML doc, setting the
width and height of the movie to 100% in AfterShock and then setting the
marginheight and marginwidth to zero. This doesn't work. HAs anyone else ever
had this problem???

Thanks!
Kristin