Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash to CD Problem
From: Rey, Chrissy
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 15:32:49 GMT

I've found a few weird problems with the BAT trick. First make sure that the path in your BAT file is relative to the level0 movie (the executable). Also make sure that the path TO the BAT file is relative to the level0 movie. Also, if you already have a browser open, it will put the HTML file in that. This can be a problem with fullscreen movies because the browser just stays hidden. Finally, make sure that all of your files were properly copied to the CD (this includes the PIF). We had some nasty problems with the buffer on the CD burner causing errors on the CDs. When we copied the files one-by-one the problems vanished :)

One other bit of advice - you might be able to get away with using the "non-BAT trick" which is also described at Flashlite. You don't need all those bothersome BAT files if you use this trick :)

Hope this helps!

Chrissy Rey
Web Developer
United States Trustee Program
United States Dept. of Justice
chrissy [dot] reyatusdoj [dot] gov

Hello to all,
I am having a problem calling a URL from a CD(within flash). I used the
technic shown at http://www.flashlite.net/cd.html to create the bat file which
is called from flash but the problem is that when the movie autoruns from the
cd it does not open the browser when I click on the link, eaven though all
adresses are relative. But if I go to explorer and run the movie and then
click on the link it does open the browser. I know the easyest solution is
running the movie from windows explorer. But I want it to autorun whe I insert
the CD.
If someone can help I'll apreciate it very much.
Once again thanks to all for the useful information on list it has helped me
tons.
Richard