Subject: Re: FLASH: You don't know Jack...(OT)
From: batrico
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 12:14:55 GMT

On 2/20/1999 5:00 AM,David Gary of dgarystudiosatmpinet [dot] net said:

>For instance, His
>design lacks, his programming lacks, his 3D applications lack, his
>knowledge of
>networking lacks. He really doesnt know enough about one specific field that
>would really let him standout or shine because he dispersed his energy in too
>many directions. Therefore he really doesnt deserve the income in that a
>specialized field has to offer.

Then why are they (Jacks) continually sought after, job after job,
reference after reference, industry to industry, new technology to new
technology, without so much as a break in between, and happy,
knowledgable, studied clients signing checks one after another? Could it
be because they offer what a "Master", under your original, limited,
inflamatory definition, simply cannot? Could that inherent element be
that they strive for perfection--and deliver--in any application? Isn't
it up to the client to decide what they deserve, and what they don't?

Ah, but now you have modified--I mean, clarified-- your definition of
'Jack' under fire, so I guess we're on the same side of this ever
malleable debate (though I expect you'll want to deny that, for fear of
being mistaken as Human <w>).

Let's just remember that passion can also be had for eternal education,
and once you've learned all the relative lessons a subject has to offer,
it's time to take those lessons and move on to the next class --with, or
without, honors, and at the choice of the student, not the faculty.

>Ahh, thats enough on this subject.

I agree. Today is Saturday, and this day I've reserved for fixing
appliances for the battered women's shelter.

Currently Specializing in Genuinely Kind Regards,

Frederico

~ It will be generally found that those who sneer habitually at human
nature and affect to despise it, are among its worst and least pleasant
examples.~
-- Charles Dickens