Subject: Re: FLASH: looping a movie frame?
From: Jefferis
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:10:43 GMT

John Croteau

>Put a control Movie Clip in the frame following the point to be looped.
>Each frame in the control Movie Clip would have two actions
>1) a Tell Target back to the beginning of the Loop on the Main timeline
>2) and a go to Next Frame.
>
>Tell Target /
> Go to and Play Label: BeginLoop
>End Tell Target
>Go to Next Frame
>
>You would have the above for the number of frames to loop.
>Then the final frame in the control Movie Clip would have a Tell Target
>to go to the next frame on the main timeline.
>
>Tell Target /
> Go to Next Frame
>End Tell Target

John,

thanks. I tried to follow the instructions, but the test scene with
these actions caused my file to go into an infinite loop starting with
the first frame in the scene rather than with the frame of the movie clip.

I am not sure that the BeginLoop label is being understood, although I
have labeled the first frame in which the movie clip appears as
BeginLoop. It seems to be looping the entire scene, and it does not
follow through to the last Go to Next frame and End.

Each of my movie clip frames are key frames with an "a" above the blue
dot... except for the last frame which is an empty key frame...

Jeff

Peterson Sales
410 Woodland Ave.
Grove City, PA 16127-1824