Subject: FLASH: help soon, PLEASE!!
From: Kristin K. Rule
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:14:18 GMT

Hi all, I have a sort of stupid question.
I am trying to tween a symbol that is a movie clip. I want to tween it with
motion and set the first keyframe to be transparnet in color and the last
keyframe to be solid color. So, I want the symbol to look like it is fading
in. I can do this on the main timeline, but I can't seem to do it in the
movie clip timeline. How do I do this?

In the main timeline, I can set my first keyframe to be transparent, by
going to modify/instance then go to color effects and set the alpha to
zero. Again this works on the main timeline. But, I want to do this to a
movie clip, but when I do "modify/instance" to change the transparency, it
is grayed out.

Is animation limited in the movie clips? Can you not do tweening of the
color/transparency in a movie clip???

Thanks!
Kristin