Subject: Re: FLASH: Drag and Drop...
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 21:17:48 GMT

Hi Randy,

> Ok, here's my question, I have an idea for something a little new, and I
> can't seem to find a way to accomplish the task. I'm working on a flash
> site that will need the Drag and Drop Capabilities. I know you can do
> this in director but can this be done in flash, and, after dropped can
> this activate a movie within the swf file?
There is no real drag and drop feature in Flash but it can be simulated.
See the Score I Tutorial at http://www.FlashBible.com
It only works by going to a target (button) location and does not work
on a random release of the mouse. It is used twice in score once in
Steps 1 and then again in Step 3 . The drag and drop is combined with
the follow the mouse routine in this tutorial and is rather complex
combination of nested Movie Clip techniques which we are creating a
couple of tutorials to explain.