Subject: Re: FLASH: tell target problems
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 14:55:58 GMT

At 12:45 PM 2/24/99 -0500, you wrote:
>So, at the end of the first movie clip (in the last frame), I attached
>the following actions:
>stop
>begin tell target
>end tell target
>then I target the instance name of the second movie clip like this:
>/kookoo.
<SNIP>
>what happens is that the sounds just play over each other. The second
>movie clip doesn't wait until the first movie clip finishes
>playin

Hi Kristin.

Your second clip should have no graphics in the first frame and should have
a stop action in the first frame. Then your action at the end of the first
clip should look like this:

Begin TellTarget
Target: /kookoo
Play
End TellTarget
Stop

This presumes the first clip ends in a frame that is empty of graphics,
unless you want some of it to continue to show (or unless it is completely
obscured by the second clip).

You can also do this by placing the clips in sequential keyframes on the
main timeline and targeting the main timeline to play on when each clip is
done. Then the action in the last frame of the movie clip is:

Tell Target
Target: ..
Play
End TellTarget

(where ".." refers to the main timeline, or whatever timeline the movie
clip is nested in).

If sound playing on is a problem, in the final frame of the first clip,
select the sound that's been playing and set Sync to "stop." Or select the
action "stop all sound" before proceding to the next clip.

Marc Hoffman