Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash Movie Hangs with Sound
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 05:08:02 GMT

At 10:19 AM 2/26/99 +1100, you wrote:
>My problem is that as soon as I add the sound track the
>.sfw file and /or the html file just hangs. It doesn,t hang at any one
>spot but seems random. I have tried a preload sequence but this has no
>effect.
>
>It runs fine in the Flash environment under 'test movie'.

Have you tested it using Bandwidth Profiler? This will show you how well
it streams under simulated web conditions. It will let you approximate how
much preload you need, and whether your movie is too graphics intensive.

>The animations are really simple but the sound track is an audio voice over
>with a music background. I have tried sampling at both 22 and 11khz and I'm
>using Sound Forge XP4.5 for sound editing.

Import mono, 44.1kHz, 16-bit, and use Flash's compression and downsampling
to experiment with lower bit-depths, sampling rates, and ADPCM schemes to
find the lowest acceptable format.

Marc Hoffman