Subject: Re: FLASH: Unload Movie Question
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:34:43 GMT

At 10:59 AM 2/26/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I am using load movie OK. Where could I use unload movie and why please?
>Is it simpler or more efficient than using tell targets?
>I would like to make things flow better ifpossible.
>I am ignorant of the purpose of this arcane art.

I have not found a use for unload. If I have a movie that has loaded and
is no longer needed, I just send it to a stopped, blank frame. What I'm not
certain is whether this occupies any more processor power than unloading
the movie.

The one use I can think of for unloading a movie is to replace the level
zero movie for the purpose of changing frame rate. But by loading a new
movie into level zero you automatically unload what was already there, as
well as unloading all movies in all other levels.

Marc Hoffman