Subject: Re: FLASH: MC within button help
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:55:33 GMT

At 11:28 AM 2/28/99 +0000, you wrote:
>http://goultralightsgo.com/naoki/project/

per John C's advice, please ZIP it first and let me know and I'll look at it.

>Also in regards to defining the behaviour of a symbol on the main timeline,
>Is it okay to say create a MC, and redefine it as a graphic or symbol,
>Or should
>the behaviour definition of the symbol be the same as what it is in the
>library?
>Meaning, if I have a symbol that is created as a MC, do I always have to
define
>it's behaviour on the main timeline as a MC?

There's no need to redefine the symbol, usually. Having it as a MC lets
you re-define the behavior instance-by-instance; it can then be either a MC
or a graphic, and you can select to make it loop or not and also it can
display just a single frame (of your choice). Button instances, by the way,
can also have their behavior changed to a single graphic frame, so the
button actions are disabled for that instance (sometimes you want the
button to appear before it does anything; this is one way to achieve that).

Marc Hoffman