Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash: passing variables by using the parameters
From: Gareth Vaughan
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:48:18 GMT

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, the only way that flash can recieve the
variables is if they are URL encoded (all the '+' and '&' characters etc)
whether they are called from a text file or from the URL or from the <PARAM>
.

All the parameters box in dreamweaver does is produce the parameter
code i quoted in my previous message, hence the parameters window would have
something like 'movie' in the parameter box and
"mymenu.swf?menu1=Main+Page&menu1_URL=theurl&menu1_target=content&menu in
the value box.

> Is it possible to pass these variables by using the parameters
that are
> passed to the flash movie?

You asked if it was possible to pass the variables using the
parameters passed to the flash movie, it is, that's how you do it. You won't
get an easy to use list in the Dreamweaver parameters window because that's
not how dreamweaver works.

so i guess the answer to your question is no.

gareth

> I already mentioned this method in my first message.

>>To pass variables to a flash movie use this <PARAM NAME=movie

>>VALUE="mymenu.swf?menu1=Main+Page&menu1_URL=theurl&menu1_target=content&me
nu
>>2=About+Me...">

I would like to do this by using the parameters, because dreamweaver
offers an edit window for the parameters:
Another reason is that it would not be overviewable if I have to
pass 50 variables or more likt the method above.
I don't even know what's the limit for the number of chars after the
?-sign..

> This would be nice, because this is very easy to edit using
dreamweaver.

flasher is generously supported by...