Subject: RE: FLASH: OT: Convincing people of Flash
From: joe shoults
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:43:57 GMT

Certanly I would contend that plug-in is NOT an issue, since the
Flash-installed stats indicate otherwise. But I looked at your extant site,
and I can understand where your marketing manager is coming from. He
probably not only thinks in old-fashioned ways, but is afraid of change.
The proposed full-frontal approach with a big presentation (that could make
him look like a dinosaur), or a full-scale Flash site will not help you).
If he is THAT stodgy, no presentation is going to convince him, because you
would be battling his beliefs, not his perceptions, not to mention any
political bullsh*t you may stir up. My suggestion is that perhaps a
judicious "mixing-in" of Flash in lieu of some of the animated gifs your
marketing manager was referring to would plant the seeds you need. Move
from there. Rome wasn't built in a day. Don't give up.

let's see that redesign! what's the url?

good luck!
joe

flasher is generously supported by...