Subject: Re: FLASH: help needed please
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 18:17:13 GMT

Hi Karin,

Sounds like what you need is to put a few blank frames at the start of your
movie. Then you can put the loading check in the main timeline and make it
loop back until the condition is met. In that looping portion place the
movie clip that has the preloading animation. Put everything else in a
later frame (the frame that gets checked for loading) and remove the
preloading clip at that point.

At 09:23 AM 2/17/00 , you wrote:

> > Please describe exactly what you are doing. In what frames do you have
> > the preloader? Are you using Framesloaded or If Frame Is Loaded, and
> > where? Where does the main content start?>
> > Marc Hoffman
>It's in the movie with the little man pushing the squares, the are
>buttons and target an other movie. (so all the buttons target another
>movie.) Each seperate movie (.swf) exists only 1 mc. I know the mc
>has to load completly before it starts to play. On an slow connection
>the result will be a black square until the mc has loaded.
>In the .swf with the mc I want an preloader but that does not seem to
>work because when I use
>if _framesloaded
>goto and play frame 2
>els
>goto and play1
>end if
>It immidiatly goes to the second frame and nothing happens because
>the mc frames are not loaded yet.
>Boy o Boy difficult to explain but I did not want to park the mc's in
>the main .swf because that would take to long to download the lot.
>
>Thanks
>Karin

Marc Hoffman

Poison Dart Frog Media: Specializing in Flash Animation and Digital Audio
Production
Our latest Flash job is on display at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/rickfrnd>
See our Flash portfolio at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/portfolio>
(featured in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn)

flasher is generously supported by...