Subject: RE: FLASH: Why are fla's so hard to change??
From: Pete Grant
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:12:50 GMT

> Im not really talking about the text, this is pretty easy to
> edit in flash.
> My main problem is that i have put animated boxes around the text with
> movement and fade in and outs. When the text is changed i then have to go
> through and chaned the size and possition of all of the
> animations. This can
> be very time consuming. I think that one major improvment to
> flash would be
> the ability to select multi objects on the stage and multi frames on the
> timeline (both at the same time) and be able to edit everything
> at the same
> time. this would save a huge amount of time.

I see. I'm not sure if this will help your particular situation, but, if you
have enough layers, like a layer for each animation, then you can edit
multiple keyframes of each animation by locking all the other layers,
selecting Edit Multiple Frames at the bottom of the timeline, and choosing
the range in the timeline that you want to change by dragging the arrows at
the top of the timeline. When you choose the range, make sure you choose
Anchor Onion from the drop-down list under Modify Onion Markers, also at the
bottom of the timeline. Otherwise the range will jump around as you select
different frames.

Also, the more things you do in Movie Clips the easier revision seems to be.
I know it's counter-intuitive to not be able to scrub your main timeline and
see everything, but it sure makes revisions easier. It's the same kind of
idea that if you had a star that you made on the stage, you grouped it but
you hadn't turned it into a symbol. Then you made 7 more copies of them on
the stage, only to realize a week later that you needed them to a different
color. You can't go back and change the symbol and they all change, you have
to change each one.

Hope that helps someone.

Pete

flasher is generously supported by...