Subject: Re: FLASH: Printing from Flash
From: Mike Weiland
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 00:02:42 GMT

Hi Helen,

If you are looking for more printing examples in Flash you can check out
my Certificate Creator www.CertificateCreator.com. I would be interested to
know if you run into any troubles printing on my site. As for Macromedia's
example not working what browser are you using? I have found an error in the
example Flash movies architecture, I too had trouble printing from the
banner ad and the HP example in Macromedia's gallery. They would crash
Netscape.

Mike Weiland
Wasatch Interactive Learning
5250 S. Commerce Drive
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
mikeatwasatchnet [dot] com www.wasatchnet.com
www.CertificateCreator.com

> martin [dot] vereeckenatibsbe [dot] be wrote:
> > I posted an example on:
> > http://home-2.worldonline.be/~fr027214/Gamatex/default.html
>
> This is a fantastic example of the great things flash (and a good
> designer) can do! It has inspired me to figure how to print selected
> things from a flash movie (for my database project), so I went to
> http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/player/flashprint/ to find out
> more. But when I click on "print details" in the ad banner example, I
> get a "loading tech sheet" message, but nothing ever loads. Ever. And
> nothing prints. I have 4.0.28--is there something else I need to do? I
> *was* able to print from your page above, Martin, so I know that
> printing from flash is possible--I just wonder why I can't get the
> Macromedia example to print (and whether it's worth studying their
> downloadable source files for an example that's not working...) Guess
> I'll plow through all the other documentation pages anyway...
>
> Regards,
> Helen

flasher is generously supported by...