Subject: Re: FLASH: putting Flash in an audio cd release
From: Michael Dunn
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:59:16 GMT

I've seen most for both platforms. As far as Mac autostart, I think it depends
on the way the user's computer is set up whether it will autostart or not. This
is an option that a lot of people have turned off because of a virus scare a
while ago. Either way, if it's not an autostart on Mac most Mac users are
accustomed to opening the disc and double clicking an icon to start. If you're
on Mac (and maybe PC) you might look into a utility like Iconaranger (or
something similar) which will allow you to create a series of folders with
images to create a large picture in the disk window (many professional CDs do
this) to give it a polished look. Not sure how this works with PC, though,
interested to know. That way when a Mac user opens the disc they see a nice
presentation before they even start the program. Add some custom icons and
voila!

As a preference, autostart is like having no browser controls. I like more
control. Just a thought.

--
Michael Dunn
The Merica Agency