Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash Animators needed - job openning
From: John Cocktosten
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 20:03:24 GMT

An art degree - $18,000

Flash 4.0 - $385.00

Adobe Photoshop 5.5 - $400.00

Sending your personal information to a list of over 2000 members - PRICELESS

LOL
John
------------------------------

Below please find my resume for your consideration.

I won't try to overplay my complete knowledge of Flash, but I am an artist
and animator first with the desire, should it become necessary, to learn
more aspects of software.

Along with the website URL listed below (which has a number of pages),
please also check the following links:

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/sapringer/ATTRACTIONS.html
http://www.angelfire.com/fl/sapringer/FreelanceFSH.html

I would be interested in any freelance opportunities that might be available
at the very least.

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Brian Thomas Matthews
5424 1st STREET . BRADENTON, FLORIDA 34203 . (941) 758-8945
mattoneatbhip [dot] infi [dot] net . http://www.angelfire.com/fl/sapringer

PROFESSIONAL HISTORY

ANIMATOR
Mind Magic Productions, Sarasota Florida 1999
Worked with small team of content providers to the proprietary web
portal The Family Network, providing online games and e-commerce geared
toward families. As the sole artist, I was responsible for website
aesthetics, animation, game design & production, and music composition.

ART DIRECTOR / SENIOR ANIMATOR
Ringling Multimedia Corporation, Sarasota Florida 1993 - 1998
Worked with production team to conceptualize and produce work-for-hire
and proprietary software titles on CD-ROM:

. Astronomica - an educational mystery game with an astronomy theme
developed for Hyper-Quest Inc. of Sarasota, Florida. As Art Director,
oversaw the development of the 3-D environment seen in the game, as well
as the development of game puzzles, and acted as in-house content
expert.
. Time-Warner Full Service Network, Orlando, Florida - involved with
the development of the game channel's 3-D Playway environment, as well
as the Playway's animated host, Skatekid.
. Wilson Learning / Xerox, "Understanding Your Customers' Business"
- developed the 3-D environments used in this interactive training
simulation for Xerox employees. It won the 1996 CINDY Gold Award, which
recognizes outstanding interactive products.
. Let's Pretend - a series of five interactive playgrounds for
children ages 3 - 8. As Senior Animator, helped develop the series'
cartoon host Flash The Firefly©, game concepts, 2-D and 3-D art and
animations, and composed the series' theme music and the vast majority
of other incidental music. The series has won various awards, including
the Dr. Toy Best Children's Product and Parents Magazine awards.
. Jubilee's Journey - an environmental-awareness game for children
6-12, developed in conjunction with the Jane Goodall Institute. As
Senior Animator, contributions included concept development, 2-D and 3-D
art and animations, as well as music composition.
.Havoc In Holidayland - teaches kids about the origins and customs of
different holidays around the world. Instrumental in the
conceptualization, art, animation and MIDI music programming for this
game.
.NHRA Drag Racing Simulator - provided theme music for this extremely
popular 3-D racing game.

Created the 2-D animation for the first Funercise Healthy World Network
PSA which, after three-and-a-half years, is still seen on various
children's television programming around the country, as well as the
Kids Can! PSA, featuring RMC Interactive's Flash The Firefly©.

Familiar with basic HTML.

SOFTWARE:
Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Director, Macromedia SoundEdit16, Alias
Sketch!, Flash 4.0, OpenSpace 3D

ART DIRECTOR
South Florida Museum & Bishop Planetarium, Bradenton Florida 1988 -
1992
Produced extensive color and b&w artwork for use in planetarium
starshows, lasershows and in-house advertising needs utilizing airbrush,
Macintosh computer systems and darkroom facilities. Operated planetarium
shows and lectured on astronomical topics. Developed starshow packages
for sale to other planetarium facilities.

Freelance caricaturist . MIDI programmer and musician

EDUCATION HISTORY

RINGLING SCHOOL OF ART & DESIGN
Sarasota, Florida - Certificate of Achievement,1987
MAJOR: Illustration

References furnished upon request.

flasher is generously supported by...