Subject: Re: FLASH: Anyone know how to dynamically insert images into flash
From: Neal Cabage
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 01:23:48 GMT

I have a potential solution ... presuming the answer is yes to the following
question:

I have read about the multiple timelines and tell_target and to me this all
implies that i could dynamically load one .swf into another .swf. For
instance, if you have one movie (which would be level 0 - the default timeLine)
which is a TV, and you want to show a movie in the tv window based upon the
channel that the user picks, then perhaps you could then specify which SWF would
then be level1 and locate it atop the tv, as if it were what it showing on tv.
Is my presumption correct that you can do this?

If so, that you could simply compile each image as it's own 1 frame SWF and load
them in accordingly. A little extra production work but it would facilitate a
DB-driven catalog scenario.

Does anyone know anything about this? Any thoughts would be greatly
appreciated!

Neal