Subject: FLASH: RE: was: Netscape Plugin Problems...UPDATE
From: Marie
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:30:15 GMT

I think I've got it now. I really think the problem had to do with me
choosing the wrong settings when dropping the swf into a Dreamweaver
doc.
Now I have a different problem, however. It seems that my background
color, a very light green, is missing from the movie when I view it
online, although it is there when viewing inside Flash. I think I
must be somehow missing something again in regard to publishing
settings, but i can't figure out what it is. This is critical, as
there is white text in the movie, which cannot be seen without the
background color.

Would you mind doing another quick site check??
Thanks a lot.
Marie

>At 08:30 PM 2/28/00 -0600, you wrote:
> >Okay, here's the url:
> >http://www.johnragusa.com/staffnav.html

>Your MIME type is set manually in the EMBED tag to
>application/x-director (Shockwave) rather than to
>application/x-shockwave-flash (Flash); since the Shockwave plugin
>only handles movies made with Director, you're probably seeing the
>beginnings of a Shockwave loading screen and nothing else.
>
>I would suspect that if the MIME type was set properly on the server
>to begin with you would not need to set it manually. Either way,
>referencing your Flash movie properly in the HTML will allow it to
>play back properly in the browser.
>
>Brad
>Flash QA

flasher is generously supported by...