Subject: Re: [flasher] Re:Life or Death! HELP! (is: save as FLA4)
From: John Dowdell
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:07:10 -0000

At 2:08 PM 2/22/1, Flash Freak wrote:
>All I'm saying is... just as in Adobe Illustrator 8+ (for example) you have
>the option to save your work as Illustrator 7 (or lower), it would be nice
>if it were possible to have the option to save your work in Flash 5 as a
>Flash 4 file. You can still export as flash 4, why not save as? I don't
>really think its asking too much.

Sorry, but it's a little bit easier to save a single media file in an old
format than it is to save an interactive multi-media in an older editable
format... it's easy for FreeHand to save graphic files out in a variety of
ways, but Director and Flash tend to export their more complex formats as
only deliverable files, rather than as a series of partial older editable
file formats.

That's the background on this difference... an authoring file tends to be
more complex than a graphics file.

jd