Subject: Re: [flasher] Issues with 5.0a update for Mac OS??
From: Catherine Kunicki
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 15:31:38 -0000

I have also noticed that the view of the frames (scale) will not adjust. I
had one movieclip which would only go from something like 125 percent down
to 66 percent and would never land back at 100 percent. This was persistent
- I could go out and edit another movie clip and back to edit the stage and
then back to the badly scaled movie and the wrong scale would persist.
Normally though, editing another movie by doubleclicking it in the library
would reset the scale on the other ones.
I also - in edit in place - sometimes lose the stage and can't click back to
it unless, again, I doubleclick another movie in the library.

most of this is inconsistent and can easily be cleared up by restarting
flash. The other - awful problem - I have had is freezing as soon as any
sound happens in my .swf in the authoring environment or player. I solved
this by removing my external speakers (Harman Kardon Sound Sticks) from the
Mac, but I wish I didn't have to. I am not sure whether this is due to
Flash or the Sound Sticks, since there are issues with both. However, Flash
is the only application which is causing this freeze to happen. I'd point
the finger at QT Sound Manager extension here, since that's the only common
bond between Flash sound problems with and the Mac OS problems with the
Harman Kardon Sound Sticks.

Catherine