Subject: Re: [flasher] Re: wireframe.za code
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:06:42 -0000

Actually, there are several aspects of that 3d stuff that are noteworthy
beyond just being fun to look at, as Andries pointed out in his FF01
spiel. One is the use, as you mention, of isometrics instead of full 3d
perspective to achieve manageable filesizes and delay times in Flash
(much less complicated than real 3d calculations). Another is the
encapsulation of all controlling animation in individual movieclips, so
that the blocks can be arranged in any order and combination and are
completely self-contained. Andries even showed how the resulting 3d
layout could be saved as a file that could be read into 3d Studio Max to
create a realistic terrain which is then imported back into Flash which
has built-in actions underlying it -- very cool for game apps. I was
really impressed with the both the modularization and the real-world
uses to which it could be put.

Regards,
Helen
1240 Flash Answers from 424 people: http://i-technica.com/flashlist