Subject: FLASH: filesize
From: WebFeat: Gavin Frayne
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:50:14 GMT

hi all

I've been working on this flash thingy and i've imported 280K of jpegs. The
movie is about 120 frames and I have deleted any unused symbols and pretty
much optimised the file as much as possible. The problem is that the movie
ends up at about 1.1 meg, which is completely out of the question. It is a
flashed version of a javascript image replace site. The original site is
about 300K and flash is supposed to reduce file size. Can any one tell me
why this file is so big (I think it might be because the jpegs are faded in,
but I need a second opinion). If you feel like waiting for a 1.1 meg flash
file, you can view it at:

http://196.33.161.54/default1.asp?Flash=1

Regards
Gavin