Subject: FLASH: RE: Flash/QuickTime convergence
From: Eric J. Wittman
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:36:32 GMT

My favorite line in the this rumor posting is:

"Apple and Macromedia have been working for some time to incorporate
Macromedia's excellent Flash technology into QuickTime 4 -- which means that
virtually every Mac user will soon be equipped to view Flash-enhanced Web
site"

The reality on this line is every Macintosh since OS 8.1 began shipping
already has Flash Player preinstalled in the default browser.

Regarding the integration, QuickTime 3 introduced a basic vector graphics
layer. There has been some developer usage of this layer and Apple is
actively looking for ways to enhance it.

Macromedia having the adopted web vector standard, would like to help them.

If you have any feedback on this matter, drop Apple developer relations a
line. I am sure they would appreciate your feedback.

Cordially,
Eric J. Wittman
Customer Advocate
Product Manager, Flash & Generator