Subject: Re: FLASH: Extracting FX
From: Dave Hollinden
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 19:04:12 GMT

>Does anyone know how to extract the wav-files from a .SWF ?
> Andreas Kostner

You know, this is a tricky one that I 've never found a good solution for.
The problem is that importing a SWF into Flash doesn't bring the audio with
it, and even then that's only if the SWF isn't import protected. And since
the audio in an SWF seems to decompress and play in real time, there's no
decompressed audio file lurking in your cache or in RAM that you can grab.

But have found a way to get by. I have two computers on my desk, and I
play the SWF on one while I record the audio on another.

Dave
Dave Hollinden
Audio Engineer
Jet City Studios, Seattle
dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com (mailto:dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com)