Subject: Re: FLASH: FLASH History of Flash
From: John Dowdell
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 22:01:46 GMT

I don't have the full story myself, but I remember being impressed by
FutureWave's first MacWorld booth, where they were showing SmartSketch. As
I recall, it was based on some shape-recognition work for portable devices.
When a timeline was added SmartSketch morphed into CelAnimator, which after
a name-conflict became FutureSplash, which became Flash in its first
Macromedia version..

Going back further, Jon Gay developed the groundbreaking SuperPaint
program, which united the world of pixels and the realm of curves... this
was with Silicon Beach Software, which later went with Aldus, which got
sold to Adobe.

It's an interesting story idea, but other people know more than I do... if
you do write it up, then please post a link to the list, thanks!

jd

Offlist email risks capture by the spam filters! I may not see your