Subject: Re: FLASH: Netscape Browser hijinx!
From: Al Rosetti
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 06:33:19 GMT

Ok... one last question for the night. This one might be a stumper... As
I'm building this photographers site I keep checking it in Internet
Exploder. Everything looks fine. I'm running in 1024 x 768 mode... which
is the same size my movie is being optimized for. Actually my screen size
is 984 width by 582 height. I chose that size because it was the MAXIMUM
size without scrollbars I could get in Exploder 4.07. EVERYTHING was going
fine UNTIL I took a peak at it in Netscape 4. As the movie runs you can see
the bitmaps and vectors shift around just a bit..... then when all the
movement stops everything shifts a pixel or two back again. The strange
thing is.... this doesn't necessarily happen the first time the movie is
viewed, but deffinitely happens every time therafter. Ok.... so I'm trying
to figure out what the prob is and so I change my monitor's resolution to
800 X 600. This screwy effect NEVER happens in 800x600. (at least so far)

My theory...
I have my movie set to run in 100 percent of the browser window and Flash is
trying to size and align the objects to match each other.

My sollution...
HECK.... I'm not even sure if my theory is right.... However.... Is there
an ideal height and width to make FLASH movies? Is there a setting to force
objects to sit still with no tiny shifts? Is there something I should be
setting in Aftershock?

An example of what I'm talking about can be seen at
www.websitepartners.com/rapfoto
Just click the "Twisted" link and you'll see what I'm saying if you're in
Netscape. If it doesn't happen the first time just reload.

Thanks a ton,

Al Rosetti