Subject: Re: FLASH: attain
From: Christian Vescia
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 03:47:22 GMT

Attain is the branding that applies to Macromedia's learning products:
Dreamweaver Attain, Authorware Attain and Pathware Attain. It is intended
to communicate that all of these products are part of a larger system for
creating, delivering and tracking online training. There are key points of
integration between the tools in the Attain Enterprise Learning System.

Dreamweaver Attain is Dreamweaver with some learning-oriented functionality
built on top of it. Top three capabilities are 1) Knowledge Objects -
wizard-driven means to create interactions such as multiple choice, T/F,
Fill-in-the-Blank and other kind of questions and explorations 2) Knowledge
Track - automatic integration with a learning management system like
Macromedia's Pathware Attain 3) the Action Manager - a visual manager for
creating complex, state-less logic without have to know JavaScript.

Authorware 5 Attain is the next release of Authorware. The Attain part of
version 5 is also Knowledge Objects (pre-built routines and learning
interactions authored via a wizard) and Knowledge Track - automatic
integration with learning management systems.

There is no Flash Attain, but we are working on an Xtra for tracking
Director content into Pathware Attain.

Hope that helps.

Christian