Subject: RE: FLASH: Browser Shaker and Expand........and Flash 4
From: Eric Dunham
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 19:43:56 GMT

I'm sorry, but I'm too tired to write the code for it now (especially since
I've never wanted to do what you are trying to do), but go here
http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/jsref/win1.htm#11881
07 and look at the methods of the window object. You'll notice that it has
moveBy and moveTo, as well as a resizeBy and resizeTo methods that you can
call. Now I'm not sure if IE supports the same methods...but if worst come
to worst you can always try adjusting window.style.width, .height, .left,
and .top.
I could write a function, but I wouldn't be able to do it until Monday, so I
figure I'll just try and give you a guide about how to go about it. To get
the window to move, you'd put your statements to redefine the position of
the window in a looping if statement. I guess I'd better explain that
one...For most operations, I think it's better not to use a for loop because
they're more processor intensive than if statements, so...
function ShakeItUp()
{
if (count < 350)
{
//Your code here
count++;
setTimeout("ShakeItUp()",100);
}
}
Now what that does is it acts just like a do...while loop, but between if
statements, it allows the processor to "breathe" and perform other
operations (normal loops don't). Well...I hope that helps, and I would write
the code, but I'm exhausted from staying up until about 5 in the morning
coding...
-Eric Dunham

<snip>
.......now I've seen the shake done and the browser
resize thing happen. But I can't seem to get them to work together......Can
anyone point me in the right direction or possibly have some script I can
alter?
</snip>