Subject: Re: FLASH: Re: Competely daft previous question
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 22:17:06 GMT

Shaun,

Maybe it IS the way to do it. Sounds promising, anyway. There likely will
be a little glitch in the sound. I'm not the one to ask for ActionScript
stuff, but I know Action Script will return a value for CurrentFrame. Seems
you could constantly write that value from whatever MC is playing to a
variable stored in another existing movie clip. If all your soundtrack MCs
are normally available but stopped in a blank first frame, then your
mouseover buttons (slider) could just TellTarget the appropriate MC to go
to frame number (variable). This is a cool idea you have, please let me
know if you get it working.

At 01:49 PM 1/22/00 , you wrote:

>Marc,
>
>Here's the plan.
>
>I would like to have some way of letting an MC know which frame another MC
>is on at any given time.
>Why?: I will have a slider control consisting of mouse over buttons. Each
>button will go to a different MC of a sound track at differing volumes (now
>you see where I'm heading and you know I am going the absolute wrong way
>about it!). Depending on the slider, I need to jump to a different volume
>MC at the exact frame as the previous MC playing. Theoretically, I should
>then be able to control volume. I would also need to include an MC that
>knows which 'sound movie' (for example) is playing so that I could control
>the volume of any sound track that was playing at the time.
>
>I just know this ain't the way to do this.
>Thanks, of course in advance.
>
>Any ideas greatly appreciated
>
>Cheers
>
>Shaun

Marc Hoffman

Poison Dart Frog Media: Specializing in Flash Animation and Digital Audio
Production
Our latest Flash job is on display at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/rickfrnd>
See our Flash portfolio at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>
(featured in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn)