Subject: FLASH: how would you break a word into big chunks?
From: Carla Otto
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:27:12 GMT

Hey, I'm looking for something and I bet someone can help :)

In my Flash movie, I want to have a word break up into big chunks. Then I
will tween five of these chunks to become a word link. I imagine a shatter
kind of thing. So first, I thought I could find a plug-in filter for
Illustrator (or Photoshop) that would do this, but I don't think one exists
that gives me the effect that I want. The shatter plug- filter that I've
tried spreads the spattering too much.

What I want is to have a 'rock' hit a word, and then this word shatters in
big cracks, into big chunks. Like a violent quick kind of action, not like
a spatter-thing.

I could make more work and set the type in Illustrator, change it to
outline, draw the crack
lines over it as a mesh with the pencil and use the Pathfinder/Divide
tool...and work with each shape from there. But there must be a better way.

Is there anyone out there who will share how to create this kind of thing?

Thanks,
Carla

*Web Site Design & Development by OttoGraphics*
web site ... http://www.ottographics.com/