Subject: Re: FLASH: Re: Flash: Disable right-click
From: 2Nerotik
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:09:39 GMT

Which may cause people to leave your site =c), having had this discussion
on the HWG: Techniques, Business and Graphics list at least once there are
many people who do NOT like having their right mouse button disabled, including
myself for any reason you try to justify it with.

However having said that, to disable the menu that comes up in flash which is
what you want you need to set the that in the publish settings.

It's under you HTML publish options, there's a checkbox that says "Show Menu"
uncheck that and a person right clicking will only get the option for
"About Flash 4"

PS: the below script is completely useless if a person wants to steal
images or code
from your site. It will only stop those who have little knowledge of their
browser. I
know of at least 3 ways around that and I only learned those because I
discovered
my right mouse click was gone and was curious as to why (not because I wanted a
graphic) and have shared this knowledge with the above 3 lists. First and
foremost
is the fact that the image is already on you computer in the cache and you
don't need
to use the right click to grab it off the net, just need ACDSee or CompuPic
and route
through the cache folders. I love a challenge.

At 09:18 AM 27/01/2000 -0600, mholleyatagannuity [dot] com wrote:

>I don't know if this will work or not because I haven't tried it yet. It is a
>script that I got from "The Javascript Source" that is used to disable image
>nabbing off of a web page.. These parameters will simply pop up a message box
>saying that you can't use right-click, but I'm assuming you can modify it.
>Would be curious to know if you get it to work.
>
><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
>
><!-- This script and many more are available free online at -->
><!-- The JavaScript Source! http://javascript.internet.com -->
>
><!-- Begin
>function right(e) {
>var msg = "Sorry, you don't have permission to right-click.";
>if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' && e.which == 3) {
>alert(msg);
>return false;
>}
>if (navigator.appName ==
>'Microsoft Internet Explorer' && event.button==2) {
>alert(msg);
>return false;
>}
>else return true;
>}
>
>function trap() {
>if(document.images)
>for(i=0;i<document.images.length;i++)
>document.images[i].onmousedown = right;
>}
>// End -->
></SCRIPT>
>Don't forget to add an onload function to your <BODY> tag and you'll be
>ready to
> roll! *
>
>* <BODY onLoad="trap()">
>
>Hi there,
>
>Is there any way of turning the right mouse click option off when the mouse
>is over a flash movie in a web page under Windows?
>
>Thanks

.oOo.
|| Okay, who stopped the payment on my reality check?
|| Addicted 2 Swing ---> http://www.nisa.net/~2nerotik/
|| Fontaholic ? ---> http://www.fontsanon.com
|| HTML Writers Guild ---> http://www.hwg.org

flasher is generously supported by...