Subject: Re: FLASH: FAQ's document?
From: Matt Wobensmith
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:43:00 GMT

Many questions that get asked over and over again on this list are easily
answered by TechNotes on Macromedia's site. In fact:

>"How do I loop
>>something x times"

is answered by

How can I loop over some frames a given number of times?
ID: 14023
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/frame_loops.htm

and

>"how do I submit variables to ..."

is most likely addressed by

How to create and submit a form in Flash 4
ID: 13919
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/f4_form.htm

Rather than act as a 411 operator - the best way to find these (and more) is
on the Flash Support Center page:

http:/www.macromedia.com/support/flash

This is the springboard to the entire TechNote library. Enter keywords in
the search field. It's that easy.

Many important articles are here; if it's in there, it's more or less
considered common knowledge. Always look there first before anywhere else.

-Matt

---------------
Matt Wobensmith
Macromedia Tech Support
Flash Team Lead

----------
>From: "Waldo Smeets" <w [dot] smeetsatstud [dot] tue [dot] nl>
>To: <flasheratchinwag [dot] com>
>Subject: RE: FLASH: FAQ's document?
>Date: Thu, Jan 27, 2000, 3:25 PM
>

>Well, in fact the tutorial sites like flashkit.com and flashzone.com are
>supposed to function as faq's, aren't they?
>You're right that there are a lot of the same questions like "How do I loop
>something x times" and "how do I submit variables to ..." etc. I to think
>that it would be better to have an other list that handles only "in depth
>troubles" that are not so general.
>
>But somehow those general questions can't be answered by the sites I
>mentioned I guess, else all those people wouldn't ask it here - would they?
>Or are they just to lazy to find the right recourses ("where can I find good
>tutorials" is a popular question too)?
>
>Perhaps a faq-list would be helpful, but I don't think that it will reduce
>the number of repeated questions dramatically.
>By the way - you say it yourselves, this is an active list and in fact I
>like that!
>
>Waldo

flasher is generously supported by...