Subject: FLASH: Re: loop one animation while another loads (was: [blank])
From: Marc Hoffman, Poison Dart Frog Media
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 20:11:03 GMT

At 11:23 AM 1/28/00 , you wrote:

>hi, i create a 40 frames animation loop
> and a 265 frames one, i wold like to loop
> the fist one while the other one is loading,
> i try some scripts but it doesn't work.
> somebody knows the rigth script.

Hi Coyot,

Both animations are in the main timeline, yes? First one runs from frame 10
to frame 50 (just for example). Second one runs from frame 52 to frame 317.
It is best to give labels to the frames, but here I'll use frame numbers as
examples:

Frame 50 has this action in the frame properties:
If Frame Is Loaded (frame: frame#317)
Go to and Play (frame #52)
End If Frame Is Loaded

Frame 51 has this action in the frame properties:
Go to and Play (frame #10)

This makes it loop until the second animation is fully loaded. In reality
you don't need the second animation to load completely, just enough so it
will run smoothly on an Internet connection. You need to analyze it using
Movie Export>Generate Size Report to figure out how much to preload, but
maybe you only need to test for frame#200 in your "If Frame Is Loaded"
statement.

Please use subject headers when you post to the list. It is hard to follow
threads without headers, and some of us ignore messages without subjects.

Good Luck.

Marc Hoffman

Poison Dart Frog Media: Specializing in Flash Animation and Digital Audio
Production
Our latest Flash job is on display at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/rickfrnd>
See our Flash portfolio at <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>
(featured in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn)

flasher is generously supported by...