Subject: Re: AW: FLASH: SITE CHECK: Geografiek
From: Willem van den Goorbergh
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:49:32 GMT

Thanks for your reaction David,

>works fine for me (win2k ie5.0 plugin 4.0r26)
>but pleez take out the flash libary sounds.....i heard them 100000
>times
>there so many good sounds fx around in the net,or could do them
>easily with
>a mic and sound fx app.

Actually allmost none is from the Flash library ;-). Most are from
external fx sources, some were created in KinkyBeep1.0.0.
Nevertheless I do agree that I can improve on the sound effects.

>for better performance u could put all movies into one movie and
>load each
>menu content flash movie via load action.including a preloader for
>each.
>then u lose the plugin searching border if a new movie is called in
>the
>frameset.

Great suggestion, thanks.
I guess it's also a matter of balance. I don't want people to wait
for a larger movie to load , when they are actually going to browse
only a part of it.
But putting all the pages in e.g. the 'Informatie' section in one
movie *is* a better solution.
Thanks again, Willem

>greetz
>
>david

Geografiek is a Dutch, Utrecht-based map and chart design company.
Willem van den Goorbergh can be contacted by telephone:
(+31)30-2719512
or by telefax: (+31)302719687
Visit our 'flashed' website at: http://www.geografiek.nl

flasher is generously supported by...