Subject: Re: FLASH: FW: HELP A POOR STARVING NEWBIE
From: Sarah Lamont
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 14:35:35 GMT

Josh,

Well... let's see.
First of all, if the stop action in each of the movie clips in in the
first frame, they will never play. The stop action should be in the last
frame of each movie clip, make sure that it is there.
Secondly, it sounds as if the way your movie is set up (your main
movie), that it is only 3 frames long. This may be the reason you see
nothing when it is published, it may run so quickly that you see
nothing. The main movie does not stay put while a movie clip on the
stage plays through. Do you know what I mean? You must count the number
frames in each movie clip and then arrange them on the main timeline
respectively. (There is another way you could make each of the movie
clips play one at a time by putting them all on the first frame and
using tell target with variables... but I wouldn't try to figure that
out yet til you have mastered the basics of flash)
Take your time and go through what you've done again, and I'm sure
you'll get the hang of flash in no time. :]
I hope I helped!

§arah

--
---{:practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty:}---

flasher is generously supported by...