Subject: Controlling Buttons With Variables Test
From: Nick Calladine
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:52:00 -0000

Hi

I using flash 4 where I have a main screen with a button on it.

When the button is pressed I want it to basically display something.

The button is on the maintime line on an interface

The menu is a tell target movie clip

But it must have intelligent status ie.

var 1 var 2 Status

I want it so when button 1 is pressed it display the second menu -
BUTTON OFF - MENU OFF - DISPLAY MENU - SET BUTTON ON MENU ON

If the menu is allready displayed then dont allow button 1 is to be
activated - BUTTON ON - MENU ON - NO ACTION TAKEN -

If the menu has been closed
- BUTTON ON - MENU OFF - CLOSE MENU - RESET BUTTON OFF
MENU OFF

Can some one point me in the right way of actionscripting it to work..

I have been trying to do it with if then and struggled a bit.. get it to
work on part but when testing all the combination out its doesnt.

Thanks a lot

Regards

Nick